Big ticket items - things that made a difference!
- Hired Morris Richardson as attoney for the City of West Melbourne
- Significant investments in infrastructure including relining of many of the older sewer mains
- Improvements made to the filtering system for the waste water sewer system
- Police pension funding level has gone from 67% funded to 90% funded in the last 6 years that I have served on the board
- Building of new facility works facility - paid cash.
- Rainy day fund is now funded at many times the level required by the State of Florida
- Drainage improvements throughout the City greatly reducing flooding of our neighborhoods
- Building of the Field of Dreams - I spearheaded the effort to get my employer (Harris Corporation) to donate $250,000 to this most important community project
- Strong support in assisting Promise of Brevard - our investment in supporting our special needs community
- Plan this year to enlarge our City Police Department building and once again we will pay cash for it - no borrowing
- Purchase of new police and detective vehicles
- City government is managed like a business using many of the best busines practices I have learned from my position as Senior Engineering Manager at Harris Corporation
Political Advertisement paid for and approved by Pat Bentley, non-partisan, for West Melbourne City Council.
Pat Bentley does not accept donations, public or private. He is 100% self-funded, removing any appearance of improprieties. Pat Bentley's previously successful campaigns for West Melbourne City Council in 2008, 2010, 2012 and 2016 were also self-funded.